The Orange Juice model


Livin' on orange juice

For all of us who've oohed and aahed on finding the calendar models look so fit and toned, this is a word of enlightenment. And it came as a surprise to me when one of the calendar models offered to divulge the truth about their bods. She said, 'You know, it's all about Orange juice'. About 15 days before the shoot schedule for pin-up calendars begins at exotic locations, we receive a verdict from the organisers to start working out and stop eating bulky meals. And so, 'Drink orange juice' is the maxim these models follow. Once the calendar shoot is done with, the photographer edits the raw pictures with loads of air brushing and heaps of make-up correction. Once done, the final look comes out just amazing.
But now that we are in the humid month of April, why am I talking of calendars (it should've been in the beginning of the year, isn't it). That's because I myself got a dose of the orange juice diet. I was down with fever for over 10 days and since there was no taste of salt, my food intake started to dip to such extents that all I survived was on oranges. All right, waistline shrunk but so did all the fat on my face and elsewhere too. I started to have fainting spells and interestingly, even blood pressure dipped. On one such feverish days, I remembered how a model friend had narrated her orange juice story. And it amazed me how they kept up with their hectic shoots, woke up at odd hours to catch the sunrise or take pictures with birds taking the morning flight in the backdrop. Headaches are common during their schedules and so is weakness but models do it. They take that extreme step and make a professional delivery. When a calendar picture is finally published, no one knows the pain and effort which went behind the making of the calendar. But it's truly fascinating how much a profession can demand out of a person.
Incidentally, I realised many aspects during my fever days. About how body sends indications to us to understand where we are going wrong. I realised that while office was more interested in only extracting work out of us, some colleagues were truly bothered. I started to think if we are actually stressing over things we felt we were fine with or is it time to meditate. Are our friends truly busy or are they busy making alternative plans on days when they should be looking us up.
Today, I look ahead with much enthusiasm to work and keep my body fit, for I know many things more correctly placed in the jigsaw moulds of my mind. Besides me, I realised who truly cares and who doesn't and it took a spell of fever to tell me that.

Girl With The Blue Scarf says: It's amazing how life can teach some interesting lessons on days when you are down and out. Make a mental count of people who will bother to be in touch with you when you aren't in the job that you are pursuing right now. Handful, isn't it?

Comments

shilpa raina said…
I simply love this and I do agree that when ever you down, you expect to see people around you who claim that "you are a wonderful person" or "oh you are a gem of a friend".....small things matter in life..sometimes even a phone call or a message....muah.....I hope you are well now..and yes get that glow and fat on ur cheeks back:-)
Shilpa said…
What a brilliant way to connect two "Orange Juice" recipe... I simply loved it.....and dear the fact is that whenever we are down- we expect people to be around us..especially who say "Oh you are a wonderful person", "You are a gem"....but when they not by your side...you realise and contemplate the idea of having just few people around you.....So babes...just get well soon...and hey get that glowing skin and fat on your cheeks back..and yes that charming smile as well.....muahhh
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
I agree with "drop the heartless rascal" - Lulu
Anonymous said…
YEAH ! I also wanna that narrow waistline....but I just was wondering if i should have 'orange juice'before or after my MEALSSS...its the southindian food effect!hehee no ways can i keep up with my running behind my naughty baby boys work n home.U r one adorable person Nimz....i love ur work its so much fun to read what u have to say.Big hug 2 U-Misha :)
achla sachdev said…
Its true no one talks of the pain behind a gorgeous body of a model,I for one though believe that nutrition is very imp and its one fact everyone ignores just to have the"perfect" body.Also a balance of food,meditation exercise is more of a neccesity than a luxury and should not be ignored.Am glad u are well and am sure many many days of being ill teach us valuable lessons that we should not forget in a hurry. Take care and keep smiling

Popular posts from this blog

When a man makes an indecent proposal..to a man

Allah tero naam. Ishwar tero naam - TM Krishna's rendition changed my outlook in life. What keeps you?