Go F+ve this season with a scarf

This blog starts with an understanding of the immense potential of going live on the Internet. And so for the love of fashion, here I go.
I would like to start with a revelation about why this blog is titled 'Girl with the blue scarf''. Quite obviously, you may have guessed my natural inclination towards the colour 'blue'. And you are quite right with that. And now the focus on 'scarf'. Well, it remains my fave drape of fashion. Incidentally, over the years I've realised it's potential on many occasions - It can not only set a drab outfit into a pretty number, it can also help in making a personal statement.
Moreso, the scarf can be a great saviour at many times. Saviour? you may ask. Yes. Here's reason to feel that way. On a pleasant trip to Istanbul some months ago, sight-seeing remained on top of my mind. And so we realised that mosques were an integral part of the tourist packages there. On stepping inside the shrine, the man at the entrance was quick to tell me and other foreigners to cover our bare shoulders as a mark of respect. A quick look into my handbag surfaced the 'saviour' of the day. My blue scarf kept neatly pleated inside came to the rescue. I wrapped it around my head and coyly covered my shoulders.
After a guided tour inside replete with my curious questions about the ceilings, light bulbs hanging, preists, timings, food etc, we called it a day. A digital picture in front of the mosque-cum-museum there sealed the moment. Later, while flipping through the many pictures clicked during the Istanbul trip, I chanced upon this picture of mine with the blue scarf. Not only did I feel a rush of great memories of spending carefree days in Istanbul (with a tough time looking for vegetarian food), I also started to feel the unspoken, sublime connect we tend to have with inanimate objects (something on the lines of author Ayn Rand's philosophy, I remain an admirer of her till date). In my case, at that moment it was my 'blue scarf', made with satin fabric in muted paistley embroidery that brought about the great connect. It protected me from the sun, kept me covered so I could show respect to the shrine and best of all, looked fabulous on me.
That's the girl with the blue scarf for you with the fashion tip of the day: Clothes should make you look beautiful or handsome. It shouldn't take away all the attention from you. So, select trendy seasonal ensembles that suit you instead of blindly donning the current trend of the season.
Let's make this simpler, accentuated shoulders silhouette is the current trend internationally this Fall/Winter 2009. Now, how many of us in India are going to be comfortable sporting that look. My advise is: scale it down but opt for it. It could do what the scarf did for me.
Cheers and till then stay F +ve (That's fashion positive blood type for fashionistas, a term coined by fashion advisor and Kimaya store owner, Pradeep Hirani. Thank you Pradeep, truly, a planet chooses its orbit only once.)

Comments

Pradeep Hirani said…
Hey Nimisha..., so u have finally done it.. PROUD OF U.
Completely endorse ur clutter free vision... keep it simple, but effective.
I am sure this will be the begining of your best journey... so far..
yes a planet selects its orbit only once... and u have selected the blue one.. as high as the blue sky..
keep up the good word..... and we will keep asking for more.
cheers.
RANJIT said…
It's regressive to think local. And that's why as a country, we lag behind a majority of the world in all fields - film, trade, finance...and now even fashion. We must begin to function at a macro level if we ever want to be world leaders. So GO GLOBAL is my motto.
MATTHEW said…
i personally think- we shud have a mix of both current and upcomin trends that would interest international buyers. we need a global appeal and our trend forecast should be at par with global outlook. "made in milan/ itlay" and "made in india" cud be treated at the same platform only then!- need to be more orignal with ideas and showcase indian craftmanship rather then showcasing a collection which is inspired totally by the last season collection of some italian desginer!!! haha :)
Anonymous said…
What a loser!!! A blow job is far more original than lifting directly from sophie kinsella's writing, which was made into a film, Confessions of a Shopaholic! The character is nicknamed, Girl with the green scarf! Get into J-School ho, and then TRY AND WRITE!
Ravi Iyer said…
Beautiful words of a beautiful mind. Will read more...Best wishes!

Popular posts from this blog

When a man makes an indecent proposal..to a man

Allah tero naam. Ishwar tero naam - TM Krishna's rendition changed my outlook in life. What keeps you?