My bed is my workstation; is my video chat centre; is my snacking bar; is my gaming console; is my bed again. Phew!

My bed is my workstation; is my video chat centre; is my snacking bar; is my gaming console; is my bed again. Phew! 




If the Lockdown 1.0 could teach me carefulness and social distancing then Lockdown 2.0 got me nervous about my job security and anxious about my social media upstaging nuances. And then came Lockdown 3.0 and that taught me adaptability. The funny thing is the entire adaptability tool was always right around me, in front of me, in fact, right under me. It was my BED. 

The funniest and most pragmatic take on Corona Virus has been through my bed. The moment pandemic scare gripped the world, it was lockdown time that was announced right after a Janta Curfew on March 23, 2020.
By midnight of the same curfew day, a lockdown was put in effect and my breathing turned shallow. I took a quick round under my building and watched the breezy swaying of the tall trees under the street lights. In a few minutes, I headed home and since then these boots that were meant for walking haven’t been able to do so (Punning on the classic song by Nancy Sinatra - These boots are made for walking 
And that's just what they'll do 
One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you).

Soon enough, TV news became my staple consumption. My bed rose to every occasion - be it to read up, write articles on the laptop, to munch on a quick snack, attend webinars to sharpen digital marketing skills or daily video chats with office colleagues.

The bed was lastly also used for sleeping but for all the other activities it attributed it’s comfortable cushioning too - my body had carved a nice curve in its foam. This bed was now my office cubicle too. 

During Lockdown 3.0 that set in mysteriously (killing me softly with his song) from May 3, 2020 onwards, my eyes would be glued on knowing what the new number of covid-affected people had reached every night. My mind often wandered into pastures of easy and big money-making ideas. It was truly Dimaag ki batti jali moment every few minutes. Family members were tired of my constant bickering about great ingenious action plans on how covid can be tackled in slum areas of Mumbai and how well the migrant workers travel woes could have been respectfully dealt with.  


In the last lockdown stage of 2.0, having mastered Digital Marketing basics, I was wiring my brains around making my social media presence stand out like never before and passing free advise to all. By the time life has moved into Lockdown 3.0, meal times and what to cook became highest thought-provoking order of the day. By the time, the dinner time was upon me, I would turn out to be most active and sleep would be a concept that seemed far away. The body circadian cycle had gone for a Full Toss. I was way too rested and way too under-exercised. Motivation to be agile started growing scantier, even the pet cat began avoiding my contestant petting. 

This pattern has been repeating for 30+ days now. I am by now restless about the static status of lockdown. I am trying to be so productive with my work goals but at best all I can achieve today is a nice well-carved out niche for myself. 
This niche is not far from me, it is right around me, and in fact, right under me. It is at this moment my closest Biowarfare ally; is my food console; is my video chat counter; is my work station; is back to being my BED. Phew! 

(Do I hear loud clapping on hearing such an amazing narration. Oh or am I day-dreaming again)...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey! The lockdown period has brought out such great articles and ideas. Liking the buzz. Keep it coming girl with the blue scarf :)
Anonymous said…
Wow very authentic and witty narration of the lockdown. This is amazing. Woh dimag ki batti wala feeling bahut common hai shayad , main socha main akela to nahin :-)
Nimisha Tiwari said…
Thank you so much. Dimaag ki batti wala moment will be our saving light post Covid - everywhere in the world :)
Unknown said…
Liked the take... the easy you perceived

Popular posts from this blog

When a man makes an indecent proposal..to a man

Allah tero naam. Ishwar tero naam - TM Krishna's rendition changed my outlook in life. What keeps you?