THANX MANISH, YOU MAKE THIS WORLD A SMALLER PLACE


THE WORLD'S A SMALL PLACE IN NZ

A recent trip of 14 hours+2 hours to New Zealand from Mumbai made me understand how small this world is. Sounds weird? Let me explain this 'trendy' statement. Now, what would truly delight a fashion and travel writer who's been sent to an out-of-the-country assignment? Perhaps, some mindblowing, fear embracing adventure sports. True.. to some extent. So, on Day 1, when I got to do Skydiving at NZone in Queenstown, New Zealand, I was ecstatic. I think this was truly a feat to boast about, for I dived in tandem from 15,000 ft, a first for anyone in the Tiwari clan.
On the way back from the skydive post at the Queenstown airport, I met up with a group of filmy people who were shooting for a film there. And then came a pair of warm hands which closed my eyes from behind and a loving voice followed, 'Nimishaaaa', you here!' This has got to be an Indian Punjabi heartfelt voice, I thought to myself. Turning around, I was so whelmed on meeting a widely smiling, admirable and acclaimed Indian designer of mine - Manish Malhotra.
Manish's eyes twinkling bright and skin turning a pale red due to the sunburn was there in NZ on work. We quickly exchanged work-related talk and then came my animated description of the skydive. He heard it all and I relived the free fall moment while speaking about it. The sweetest comment came when he announced aloud to everyone around and a good 100 people turned to listen to him. 'Here's the heroine of today - Nimisha, who has skydived on the day she landed in NZ while you all only keep planning'. Claps, claps...All of a sudden, I felt so much braver.
Thanks to Manish, the memoirs of an adventure sport in NZ are now etched in a way I cannot forget for a long time to come.

Girl With The Blue Scarf says: Take a look at the uniformity in fashion trends around the world and you wouldn't help thinking how small this world is. When you spot NZ girls sporting India-inspired bright Dhoti pants in Queenstown, the global feeling is amazing...

Comments

anubha said…
hi nimisha, i love your blog. wasting all my time at work by reading it :-) jokes apart, your writing makes it so evident how sensitive and perceptive you are. i especially enjoyed reading the 'summing up' comments you write at the end of each post. very simple and very thought-provoking.
Unknown said…
so beautiful...and you have really made the tiwari clan and all of us much more prouder of you..
MATTHEW said…
skydiving is fun- i didnt it fiji as well from 16000 ft ... the free fall for one minute is the best minute i have ever spent in my life!!!

Popular posts from this blog

When a man makes an indecent proposal..to a man

Allah tero naam. Ishwar tero naam - TM Krishna's rendition changed my outlook in life. What keeps you?